|There has been a series of Residential Burglaries developing in the West Los Angeles Area. The suspects typically will knock or ring the doorbell to verify if the resident is home. When there is no answer the suspects enter the side or rear of the residence and force entry by smashing the window or door glass to gain entry. Suspects are targeting the master bed and bath areas of the home and removing jewelry and small electronics.· ALARMS: Ensure that security alarms are in good working order and set when not at home whether leaving for 10 minutes or 10 hours.
· ALARM RESPONSE: Consider a private patrol alarm response to enhance your current alarm and security system. In many cases private patrols are already contracted in many neighborhoods or associations.
· SURVEILLANCE CAMERAS: Web based surveillance camera systems will allow homeowners to view and monitor activity from any smartphone or computer which are motion sensor activated and will alert your device when there is activity. They also lend valuable information and clues to the investigation.
· GATES: Ensure that all gates and access points to the side or rear of the residence are locked and secured.
· DOOR AND WINDOW LOCKS: Ensure that all doors and windows are locked and secured with sturdy secured locks and that there are second locking mechanisms securing all doors and windows as a second line of defense.
· MAKE IT LOOK LIKE YOU’RE HOME…Even when you’re not.
· NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH: Monitor suspicious activities in your neighborhood and alert your neighbors. Should the activity escalate to a crime about to occur, crime in progress or crime that just occurred, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY!
You may access the crime mapping feature listed below on a day to day basis to obtain up to date crime information for your area or any other area in the city.
To sign up for E-Policing, simply go to the E-Policing link below and enter your address and your email address. You will receive crime updates and Community Alert information from the Los Angeles Police Department. You may also view recent crimes that have occurred in the area on the LAPD website. To receive text alerts when critical information is sent, sign up for Nixle. Feel free share this information.
All other City Services: 311
LAPD Website: http://www.lapdonline.org/
Crime Statistics and Maps: http://www.lapdonline.org/crime_mapping_and_compstat
Senior Lead Officer
West Los Angeles Community Police Station
11000 block Santa Monica Blvd RD 855 06/30/13 @ 1215 hours
Susp(s): M/W, Bro, Hzl, 5’11, 160 lbs, 40 years of age
Property Loss: Yogurt
Weapon: Bodily Force
The suspects entered the location and asked to use the restroom. Witness-1 recognized the suspect from prior occasions and asked him to leave the store. The suspect grabbed the key from a customer as the customer was exiting the bathroom. The suspect then entered the restroom. When the suspect exited the bathroom he took a yogurt from the display case and exited the store without paying. Wit-1 followed the suspect into the parking lot and asked the suspect to return the yogurt. The suspect threw the yogurt at Wit-1 and punched Wit-1 several times. The suspect fled northbound on Camden.
2400 block Coldwater Cyn, RD 0809 MO: On 06/27/13 between 0850 and 2315 suspect(s) pried the SFR side window, removed jewelry, purses, cash.
10600 block Lindbrook, RD 0828 MO: Between 07/05/13 at 0700 and 07/07/13 at 1900 suspect(s) possibly drove vehicle into SFR garage door, removed mower and tools.
10300 block Wilshire Blvd RD 0829 MO: On 07/06/13 between 1200 and 1800 suspect(s) entered 7th floor apartment by unknown means, removed jewelry.
Grand Theft Auto:
Burglary Theft from Motor Vehicle:
06/30/13 2200/0000 RD 0855 1400 block Greenfield Pkg Lot: Suspect removed tires/rims Merz
06/27/13 RD 0818 700 block Medical Plaza Dr.: Suspect took victim’s wallet from counter at hospital.